✅ Checklist air travel
A good travel preparation is the be-all and end-all for a relaxing vacation or a stress-free business trip. To make planning easier, here is a detailed checklist..
... By Markus Fleschutz 📅 February 1, 2021
- Passport or identity card? → see Auswärtiges Amt, check validity!
- Visa or entry permit required? → see Auswärtiges Amt (e.g. ESTA for USA).
- Vaccinations or medical certificates required? → see Robert Koch Institute, check vaccination certificate!
- National or international driver's license required? → see German Foreign Office, check validity!
- Take airline tickets / train tickets (Bahncard?) / vignettes / hotel vouchers with you.
- Cash (also in destination currency?) and credit card(s) → account sufficiently covered?
- Address of accommodation/accommodation as well as street maps, city maps, travel guides as well as dictionaries
- A1 certificate for business travelers
- Contact address of overseas health insurance saved?
- Copy(s) of passport/ID card in hand luggage and suitcase → facilitates retrieval in case of loss
- Personal medication
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and personal care items such as shaving kit and shower gel (max. 100 ml!)
Tip: most hotels offer hair dryer, towels and soap, you can save yourself the trouble of taking them with you.
- Only 1 piece of hand luggage with max. 55 x 40 x 23 cm and max. 8 kg (max. 57 x 54 x 15 cm for foldable garment bags)
- No dangerous or prohibited items!
- Containers with liquids and gel-like products with max. 100 ml content (printed maximum filling quantity).
- One plastic bag (transparent, resealable, max. 1 liter) per person for all products (the bag will be shown separately at the security check)
- Personal documents, medication, valuables, cell phones and laptops should only be carried in hand luggage
- Cell phone with charging cable
- Sunglasses, mini umbrella, tissues
- Possibly lemon drops or chewing gum for pressure compensation
- Possibly ear protection
- Change of clothes, pajamas
- Suitable clothing for the destination country
- Possibly plug adapter
**Tip: If you lose your suitcase, the contents of your hand luggage should be sufficient for the first few days.