Hong Kong (image by pixabay.com)
Operating Systems - Mirror & Archive (OSMA)
by Markus Fleschutz · 📅 updated March 06, 2021
Need to reinstall your operating system (OS)? Or want to try a newer, older, historic, or different OS? All downloads below are checksum verified and provided through CloudFlare's IPFS gateway. For installation instructions visit the OS manufacturers Website (🏠).
👍 Active Operating Systems
- Android-x86: ⬇ Download up to v9.0 for x86 🏠
- Arch Linux: ⬇ Download up to v2021.03.01 for x86 🏠
- Chromium OS: ⬇ Download up to v85 for amd/x86 🏠
- Debian: ⬇ Download up to v10.8 for arm/mips/ppc64/s390/x86 🏠
- elementary OS: ⬇ Download up to v5.1 for x86 🏠
- Fedora: ⬇ Download up to v33 for aarch64/x86 🏠
- FreeBSD: ⬇ Download up to v12.2 for arm64/powerpc/sparc64/x86 🏠
- HypriotOS: ⬇ Download up to v1.12.3 for pi3 🏠
- Kali Linux: ⬇ Download up to v2021.1 for armel/armhf/x86 🏠
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk: ⬇ Download up to v18 for x86 🏠
- Knoppix: ⬇ Download up to v9.1 for x86 🏠
- LibreELEC: ⬇ Download up to v9 for arm/x86 🏠
- Linux Mint: ⬇ Download up to v20.1 for x86 🏠
- OpenBSD: ⬇ Download up to v6.8 for alpha/amd64/arm64/armv7/ i386/octeon/powerpc64/sparc64 🏠
- OpenSuSE: ⬇ Download up to v15.2 for x86 🏠
- Qubes OS: ⬇ Download up to v4.0.3 for x86 🏠
- RancherOS: ⬇ Download up to v1.5.6 for hyperV/VMware/x86 🏠
- ReactOS: ⬇ Download up to v0.4.13 for x86 🏠
- SystemRescue: ⬇ Download up to v7.01 for x86 🏠
- Tails: ⬇ Download up to v4.16 for x86 🏠
- TrueNAS: ⬇ Download up to v12.0 for x86 🏠
- Ubuntu: ⬇ Download up to v20.10 for arm64/pi2/pi3/pi4/ppc64/s390/x86 🏠
- Ubuntu Core: ⬇ Download up to v18 for pi2/pi3 🏠
- Windows: ⬇ Download up to Win 10 v20H2 for x86 🏠
- Xubuntu: ⬇ Download up to v20.10 for x86 🏠
👎 Discontinued Operating Systems
- CentOS: ⬇ Download up to v8.2 for x86 🏠
- CoreOS: ⬇ Download for x86 🏠
- INSERT: ⬇ Download v1.3.9b for x86 🏠
- OpenSolaris: ⬇ Download v2009.06 for x86 🏠
- Remix OS: ⬇ Download v2016112 for x86 🏠
aarch64 = arm64 = ARM 64-bit processor · armel = older ARM 32-bit processor · armv7 = armhf = newer ARM 32-bit processor · hyperV = Microsoft Windows virtual machine · pi2/pi3/pi4 = Raspberry Pi 2/3/4 · ppc64 = macppc = powerpc = PowerPC 64-bit processor · s390 = IBM System/390 · sparc64 = Oracle SPARC 64-bit processor · amd64 = x64 = x86-64 = AMD/Intel x86 64-bit processor · i386 = x32 = x86-32 = AMD/Intel x86 32-bit processor
- Option 1: follow the
⬇ Downloadlinks above, select your release and download the .ISO or .IMG file. Afterward, we recommend to verify the checksum of your downloaded file against the file checksum list.
- Option 2: install IPFS, select the .ISO or .IMG file in the IPFS hash list and use the corresponding hash value to enter:
ipfs get <HASHVALUE>. Advantage: distributed download and automatic verification, also perfect for automation and command-line usage.
- Option 3: install IPFS and pin the full archive or any part of it to your machine. To pin everything check your free disk space, then execute:
ipfs pin add /ipns/k51qzi5uqu5dj55giu6gxr1zr53f63ola5owh8g5wf7hlcx90em0gpg9c553r3
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I verify my downloaded file?
- Compare the checksum of your file against our XML list of MD5/SHA1/SHA256 checksums or against the OS manufacturers checksum.
- How do I copy the downloaded .ISO or .IMG file to my USB stick or SD card?
- You need a software to create a bootable Live USB system. We recommend Rufus to install Windows, otherwise UNetbootin - both are available for free on Windows, OS X and Linux.
- How can I boot the operating system via network?
- You need a Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE). See Wikipedia:PXE for details.
- What kind of operating systems are provided by OSMA?
- Release versions of established operating systems only. No alpha or beta versions, no release candidates, no flavor editions.
- What is IPFS and CloudFlare?
- IPFS is a peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol to make the web faster, safer, and more open. IPFS provides fast and reliable downloads by hash-based addressing, distributed infrastructure and no single point of failure. See IPFS.io for more information. CloudFlare is a US company providing the biggest distributed Web gateway to IPFS. See CloudFlare's Website for more information.
- I ❤️ OSMA. How can I support it?
- Donate to PayPal.me 👏 and/or:
- Install IPFS and pin the archive or any part of it (see download option #3). This will improve download speeds and reliability for all of us.
- Archived 30 operating systems with 205 releases
- Hosting 682 GB with 624 files in 278 folders by go-ipfs 0.8.0
- Backed up multiple times and distributed world-wide
- Updates are announced via IPFS pubsub topic "OSMA"
- Seeding 24/7 since January 7, 2017
- The OSMA archive - all OSMA downloads available through CloudFlare's IPFS gateway
- IPFS.io - IPFS explained, docs, blog and more
- IPFS installation - installation instructions for IPFS
- IPFS public gateways - list of public gateways to IPFS
- UNetbootin - software to create a bootable USB stick
- DistroChooser.de - to choose the perfect OS
- DistroScreens.com - screenshots of Linux, BSD, and more
- DistroTest.net - test drive any OS
- DistroWatch.com - get the latest OS news
- ArchiveOS.org - archive of 500+ distros (mostly inactive)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.