Hong Kong (image by pixabay.com)
Mirror & Archive of Operating Systems
... by Markus Fleschutz 📅 updated 02 May 2021
Need to reinstall your operating system (OS)? Or want to try a newer, a former, a historic, or even a different OS? All downloads below are checksum verified and provided through the IPFS gateway. For installation instructions visit the OS manufacturers Website (🏠).
👍 Active Operating Systems
- Android-x86: ⬇ download 9.0 or lower for x86 🏠
- Arch Linux: ⬇ download 2021.04.01 or lower for x86 🏠
- Chromium OS: ⬇ download v85 or lower for amd/x86 🏠
- Debian: ⬇ download 10.9 or lower for arm/mips/ppc64/s390/x86 🏠
- elementary OS: ⬇ download 5.1 or lower for x86 🏠
- Fedora: ⬇ download v34 or lower for aarch64/x86 🏠
- FreeBSD: ⬇ download 13.0 or lower for arm64/powerpc/sparc64/x86 🏠
- HypriotOS: ⬇ download 1.12.3 or lower for pi3 🏠
- Kali Linux: ⬇ download 2021.1 or lower for armel/armhf/x86 🏠
- Knoppix: ⬇ download 9.1 or lower for x86 🏠
- LibreELEC: ⬇ download v9 or lower for arm/x86 🏠
- Linux Mint: ⬇ download 20.1 or lower for x86 🏠
- OpenBSD: ⬇ download 6.9 or lower for alpha/amd64/arm64/armv7/ i386/octeon/powerpc64/sparc64 🏠
- OpenSuSE: ⬇ download 15.2 or lower for x86 🏠
- Qubes OS: ⬇ download 4.0.4 or lower for x86 🏠
- RancherOS: ⬇ download 1.5.6 or lower for hyperV/VMware/x86 🏠
- ReactOS: ⬇ download 0.4.13 or lower for x86 🏠
- SystemRescue: ⬇ download 8.02 or lower for x86 🏠
- Tails: ⬇ download 4.18 or lower for x86 🏠
- TrueNAS: ⬇ download 12.0 or lower for x86 🏠
- Ubuntu: ⬇ download 21.04 or lower for arm64/pi2/pi3/pi4/ppc64/s390/x86 🏠
- Ubuntu Core: ⬇ download v18 or lower for pi2/pi3 🏠
- Windows: ⬇ download v20H2 or lower for x86 🏠
- Xubuntu: ⬇ download 21.04 or lower for x86 🏠
👎 Discontinued Operating Systems
- CentOS: ⬇ download 8.2 or lower for x86 🏠
- CoreOS: ⬇ download for x86 🏠
- INSERT: ⬇ download 1.3.9b for x86 🏠
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk: ⬇ download v18 or lower for x86 🏠
- OpenSolaris: ⬇ download v2009.06 for x86 🏠
- Remix OS: ⬇ download v2016112 for x86 🏠
amd64 = x64 = x86-64 = AMD/Intel x86 64-bit processor · i386 = x32 = x86-32 = AMD/Intel x86 32-bit processor · arm64 = aarch64 = ARM 64-bit processor · armel = older ARM 32-bit processor · armv7 = armhf = newer ARM 32-bit processor · hyperV = Microsoft Windows virtual machine · pi2/pi3/pi4 = Raspberry Pi 2/3/4 · ppc64 = macppc = powerpc = PowerPC 64-bit processor · s390 = IBM System/390 · sparc64 = Oracle SPARC 64-bit processor
- Option 1: follow the
⬇ Downloadlinks above, select your release and download the .ISO or .IMG file. Afterward, we recommend to verify the checksum of your downloaded file against the file checksum list.
- Option 2: install IPFS, select the .ISO or .IMG file in the IPFS hash list and use the corresponding hash value to enter:
ipfs get <HASHVALUE>. Advantage: distributed download and automatic verification, also perfect for automation and command-line usage.
- Option 3: install IPFS and pin the full archive or any part of it to your machine. To pin everything check your free disk space, then execute:
ipfs pin add /ipns/k51qzi5uqu5dj55giu6gxr1zr53f63ola5owh8g5wf7hlcx90em0gpg9c553r3
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I verify my downloaded file?
- Compare the checksum of your file against our checksum list (MD5+SHA1+SHA256 in XML format) or against the OS manufacturers checksum.
- How do I copy the downloaded .ISO or .IMG file to my USB stick or SD card?
- You need a software to create a bootable Live USB system. We recommend Rufus to install Windows, otherwise UNetbootin - both are available for free on Linux, Mac OS and Windows.
- How can I boot the OS via network?
- You need a Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE). See Wikipedia:PXE for details.
- What kind of OS's get archived by OSMA?
- Release versions of established OS's only. No alpha or beta versions, no release candidates, no flavor editions.
- What is IPFS?
- IPFS is a peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol to make the internet faster, safer, and more open. IPFS provides fast and reliable downloads by hash-based addressing, distributed infrastructure and no single point of failure. See ipfs.io for more information.
- I ❤️ OSMA. How can I support it?
- Donate to PayPal.me 👏 and/or:
- Install IPFS and pin the archive or any part of it (see download option #3). This will improve download speeds and reliability for all of us.
- Archived 30 operating systems with 208 releases
- Hosting 699 GB with 660 files in 391 folders by go-ipfs 0.8.0
- Backed up multiple times and distributed world-wide
- Seeding 24/7 since January 7, 2017
- The complete OSMA archive - all OSMA downloads available through the IPFS gateway
- ipfs.io - IPFS explained, docs, blog and more
- docs.ipfs.io/install/ipfs-desktop - installation instructions for IPFS
- ipfs.github.io/public-gateway-checker - list of public gateways to IPFS
- unetbootin.github.io - UNetbootin software to create a bootable USB stick
- distroChooser.de/en - to choose the perfect OS
- distroScreens.com - screenshots of Linux, BSD, and more
- distroTest.net - test drive any OS
- distroWatch.com - get the latest OS news
- archiveOS.org - archive of 500+ distros (mostly inactive)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.