Hong Kong (image by pixabay.com)
Mirror & Archive of Operating Systems
... by Markus Fleschutz 📅 updated June 06, 2021
Need to reinstall your operating system (OS)? Or want to try a newer, a former, a historic, or even a different OS? All downloads below are checksum verified and provided through the IPFS gateway. For installation instructions visit the OS manufacturers Website (🏠).
Active Operating Systems
- Android-x86 ⬇ downloads (v5.1 → 9.0 for x86) 🏠
- Arch Linux ⬇ downloads (v2017.09 → 2021.06 for x86) 🏠
- Chromium OS ⬇ downloads (v80 → 85 for amd/x86) 🏠
- Debian ⬇ downloads (v8.11 → 10.9 for arm/mips/ppc64/s390/x86) 🏠
- elementary OS ⬇ downloads (v0.4.1 → 5.1 for x86) 🏠
- Fedora ⬇ downloads (v26 → 34 for aarch64/x86) 🏠
- FreeBSD ⬇ downloads (v11.4 → 13.0 for arm64/powerpc/sparc64/x86) 🏠
- HypriotOS ⬇ downloads (v1.0 → 1.12.3 for pi3) 🏠
- Kali Linux ⬇ downloads (v2017.1 → 2021.2 for armel/armhf/x86) 🏠
- Knoppix ⬇ downloads (v6.0 → 9.1 for x86) 🏠
- LibreELEC ⬇ downloads (v7 → 9 for arm/x86) 🏠
- Linux Mint ⬇ downloads (v18.2 → 20.1 for x86) 🏠
- OpenBSD ⬇ downloads (v6.2 → 6.9 for alpha/amd64/arm64/armv7/ i386/octeon/powerpc64/sparc64) 🏠
- openSUSE ⬇ downloads (v15.0 → 15.3 for x86) 🏠
- Qubes OS ⬇ downloads (v1.0 → 4.0.4 for x86) 🏠
- RancherOS ⬇ downloads (v1.0.3 → 1.5.6 for hyperV/VMware/x86) 🏠
- ReactOS ⬇ downloads (v0.4.7 → 0.4.13 for x86) 🏠
- SystemRescue ⬇ downloads (v6.1 → 8.03 for x86) 🏠
- Tails ⬇ downloads (v3.16 → 4.19 for x86) 🏠
- TrueNAS ⬇ downloads (v11.0 → 12.0 for x86) 🏠
- Ubuntu ⬇ downloads (v04.10 → 21.04 for arm64/pi2/pi3/pi4/ppc64/s390/x86) 🏠
- Ubuntu Core ⬇ downloads (v16 → 20 for pi2/pi3/pi4) 🏠
- Windows ⬇ downloads (Win 95 → 10 21H1 for x86) 🏠
- Xubuntu ⬇ downloads (v10.04 → 21.04 for x86) 🏠
Discontinued Operating Systems
- CentOS ⬇ downloads (v6.10 → 8.4 for x86) 🏠
- CoreOS ⬇ downloads (for x86) 🏠
- INSERT ⬇ downloads (1.3.9b for x86) 🏠
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk ⬇ downloads (v10 → 18 for x86) 🏠
- OpenSolaris ⬇ downloads (v2009.06 for x86) 🏠
- Remix OS ⬇ downloads (v2016112 for x86) 🏠
amd64 = x64 = x86-64 = AMD/Intel x86 64-bit processor · i386 = x32 = x86-32 = AMD/Intel x86 32-bit processor · arm64 = aarch64 = ARM 64-bit processor · armel = older ARM 32-bit processor · armv7 = armhf = newer ARM 32-bit processor · hyperV = Microsoft Windows virtual machine · pi2/pi3/pi4 = Raspberry Pi 2/3/4 · ppc64 = macppc = powerpc = PowerPC 64-bit processor · s390 = IBM System/390 · sparc64 = Oracle SPARC 64-bit processor
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What's the differences between: Live? Installer? NetInstaller?
- Live is for running the OS without installing it first. Installer is to install the OS without the need of a network connection. NetInstaller is a very small image and the rest is downloaded during installation.
- How can I verify my downloaded file?
- Compare the checksum of your file against our Checksum list (MD5+SHA1+SHA256 in XML format) and/or against the OS manufacturers checksum.
- How do I copy the downloaded .ISO or .IMG file to my USB stick or SD card?
- You need a software to create a bootable Live USB system. We recommend Rufus for Windows ISO's, otherwise UNetbootin - both are available for free on Linux, Mac OS and Windows.
- How can I boot the OS via network?
- You need a Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE). See Wikipedia:PXE for details.
- What kind of OS's get archived by OSMA?
- Release versions of established OS's only. No alpha or beta versions, no release candidates, no flavor editions.
- What is IPFS?
- IPFS is a peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol to make the internet faster, safer, and more open. IPFS provides fast and reliable downloads by hash-based addressing, distributed infrastructure and no single point of failure. See ipfs.io for more information.
- How to download directly with IPFS?
- Install IPFS, select the .ISO or .IMG file in the IPFS hash list and use the corresponding hash value to enter:
ipfs get <HASHVALUE>(advantage: distributed download and no need for verification, also perfect for automation and command-line usage). To pin the full archive check your free disk space, then execute:
ipfs pin add /ipns/k51qzi5uqu5dj55giu6gxr1zr53f63ola5owh8g5wf7hlcx90em0gpg9c553r3
- I ❤️ OSMA. How can I support it?
- Donate to PayPal.me 👏 and/or:
- Install IPFS and pin the full archive or any part of it. This will improve download speeds and reliability for all of us.
- Archived 30 operating systems with 209 releases
- Hosting 718 GB with 652 files in 402 folders by go-ipfs 0.8.0
- Backed up multiple times and distributed world-wide
- Seeding 24/7 since January 7, 2017
- The complete OSMA archive - all OSMA downloads available through the IPFS gateway
- ipfs.io - IPFS explained, docs, blog and more
- docs.ipfs.io/install/ipfs-desktop - installation instructions for IPFS
- ipfs.github.io/public-gateway-checker - list of public gateways to IPFS
- unetbootin.github.io - UNetbootin software to create a bootable USB stick
- distroChooser.de/en - to choose the perfect OS
- distroScreens.com - screenshots of Linux, BSD, and more
- distroTest.net - test drive any OS
- distroWatch.com - get the latest OS news
- archiveOS.org - archive of 500+ distros (mostly inactive)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.