Windows 10: The printing settings
By default, they are suitable for the majority of users: mostly the paper size is DIN A4 on standard paper 80 g/m² in portrait mode in standard quality, color printing (if possible) and no reversed order.
... By Markus Fleschutz - 📅 February 7, 2018
Who should change the print settings?
- Generally anyone who needs to change settings more often before printing.
- Owners of older printers whose print quality is degrading. Changing from "Standard Quality" to "High Quality" can often save buying a new one.
Change the print settings permanently
Important: the settings in the normal print menu are only valid for the current printout. Permanently, the settings can only be changed as follows:
- go to the Settings of Windows 10 (e.g. via Windows key + I).
- select Devices (Bluetooth, Printer, Mouse).
- select Printers & Scanners on the left side. 4. Click on the relevant printer and then select Manage. 5. Select Print Settings on the left side. 6. Select the settings that you want to apply by default from now on and confirm with OK.
Now the print settings are permanently changed.