✅ Job reference checklist
... By Markus Fleschutz 📅 January 3, 2020
- The first impression of the external form of the job reference is good (clean DIN A4 sheet, error-free, no subsequent insertions, etc.).
- The reference was written on a company sheet of paper
- It bears a heading (job reference, interim reference or similar)
- The introduction is complete and contains: First name, last name, birth name if applicable, date of birth, place of birth, academic titles if applicable Description of profession and position Start and end dates of employment
- The job performed described accurately and completely: Employee's place of work his function his scope of duties and responsibilities his competencies his focus of duties any change of duties his career development in the company additional duties special duties, if any
- The performance was described in detail: Willingness to work Ability to work Working method Work result Special work successes Employee leadership competence Summary performance appraisal.
- A leadership appraisal (social behavior on the job, relationship with superiors, etc.) is included (in the case of a supervisor position)
- Special expertise and special experience have been named
- The reason for termination of the employment relationship has been stated
- The reference concludes in relation to the employee's departure with a thank-you/regret/future formula
- The date of issue coincides with the date of termination of employment (plus a maximum of two weeks)
- The employer's reference bears the signature of the employer or his/her deputy or the personnel manager or specialist supervisor.